Me and Dzangel

Me and Dzangel
RMC 5K 2007

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Welcome!

Hi. Not exactly sure what I am getting into here but I have wanted to try this for a while, so here goes. I'm not sure how often I will (or can) post on here but I will attempt to take the time to do this at least once per week. I don't think anyone will want to listen to my rants more often than that!
Okay, an introduction is in order I believe. I am a 46 year young male from cental Wisconsin. Married to the love of my life and my best friend. The title of this blog came about due to a nickname given to me by my sister and the fact that I work shift work at a central Wisconsin paper mill. One shift per week and I change shifts every Monday-usually. So 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. one week and then 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. the next. Then 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. the next week. Then start all over again. One day off per week, hopefully! While working this crazy schedule ( at least to me and people close to me ) I try to run, bicycle, xc ski, ... almost every day. I also love to compete at all of these sports or a combination of them. I guess this blog will follow my crazy schedule and how I fit in time to get in my workouts. I am also looking for help, advice, hints, anything from anybody who also have the same schedule or who try to cram too much into too little time.
My job generally drives me insane. It's in the shipping department of the paper mill so it is usually busy. Not necessarily physical but it is not an office/desk job. At times it can be 8 hours steady on my feet. Possibly because of my personality type I let little things at work drive me nuts. Maybe the hours, maybe the people but the stress gets to me. I am not claiming to be the perfect worker so please don't take it that way. I know I probably cause as much stress as I feel.
So...... as of this time I am not really training for anything. Hopefully, if the weather cooperates I am getting ready for xc ski season by putting in long, easy runs. I am planning on doing the American Birkebeiner in Hayward/Cable, WI in February-again, weather permitting. Maybe a half-marathon this Saturday-11/10/2007-depending on how I feel and work. I would be working 3p.m. to 11 p.m. and getting up to drive 2+ hours to race.
I need to aknowledge some people in this first post also. My better half, Dzangel, for putting up with me and supporting me in my endeavors. She makes everything that much easier by letting me be who I am with no expectations. Also our 5 great kids (3 girls, 2 boys, and 5 grandkids) who always brighten my day and never fail to amaze, inspire and make me proud.
Okay, enough for now. Questions? Hints? Anything to make this more informative, helpful and interesting would be appreciated. Later-Svenofthenorth

No comments: