Me and Dzangel

Me and Dzangel
RMC 5K 2007

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Busy weekend

It's been over a week so it's about time I updated this. I worked 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. last week. Since I am not an early bird this isn't my favorite but once I am up it gets better. It was supposed to be my weekend off. I would have been done at 3 p.m. Friday and not had to go back to work until 11 p.m. Tuesday. Well.... it was also opening weekend of gun deer hunting season also. I am one of the few who does not hunt. I was asked months ago by someone who does hunt if I would trade days off that week. No problem. Hopefully when I need a weekend in the future he will reciprocate. Anyway.... I ended up with Wednesday off. Kind of a hectic day off. Waited for someone from the city to come do repairs on the water meter in the basement. Then I was supposed to babysit for some of the grandkids. Then plans changed and I didn't have to babysit. While all that was transpiring I moved my plans around. Still ended up being a good day. By trading days off I moved to 3 p.m -11 p.m. for the weekend. I don't mind that shift so much. I can get up and still do things around the house, run errands, and hopefully get in some kind of workout. About 10 a.m. on Saturday I received a call from work. The person who would relieve me at 11 p.m. was going to be off. Would I like to split 12's- 7 p.m - 7 a.m. Since this seemed like a better choice than 3 p.m. - 7 a.m. I said yes. It kind of screwed up my weekend but 12 is always better than 16. Same deal on Sunday. I still got in 10 miles on Saturday and 7+ on Sunday but I was pretty wiped out. My job for the weekend required that I be on my feet most of the time. Not really physical but alot of walking and moving about. This also messed my day off this week (Monday) since I slept half of that away. Managed to get in a damp and overcast run on Monday and then attended one of my daughters choral concerts. LONG DAY! Now 11 p.m - 7 a.m. this week.
Hopefully I can get in some good miles this week. I have been doing 50+ per week and feeling pretty good. The runs I do with my better half really seem to help. Since she is a new runner the pace is more relaxed. It's like active recovery for me. I am hoping to keep the miles up this week yet and then maybe do a race on December 1. If I race next weekend I will ease up on the mileage. If Tammy runs it will be an easy run and still be fun. If she decides not to run then I may push and try to race. If Tammy runs it will be a 5 mile race, otherwise I will do 10 miles.
Well, I better get moving and accomplish something during the day before I try to get in a nap before work.

No comments: