Me and Dzangel

Me and Dzangel
RMC 5K 2007

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Another crazy week!

Well, just when I think it can't get much more insane between home and work, of course, it does. I worked 11-7 last week, or graveyard shift as some people call it. Unfortunately the mill does not shut down for Thanksgiving, or any holiday for that matter. That means trying to schedule Thanksgiving between my family and Tammy's family. We spent Thanksgiving at my Mother's house and then off to work I went. Our meal at our home was on Sunday. I ended up working 12 hour shifts, again, so I tried to sleep, visit and eat and then, what else, off to work. 56 hours last week. Now, I know I gripe about work on here. I don't want it to seem that I don't appreciate the fact that I do have a job. I do! There must be some sort of a happy medium though. One day off per week and 50+ hours 3 out of the last 4 weeks! Yes, I also realize that lots of others work longer/harder hours. Shift work just seems to make it just a bit harder. The human body just never adjusts to changing work schedules every 7 days.
Well, enought whining. My training/running has actually been going well. I have been averaging 50+ miles per week even with my crazy schedule. I'm not training for anything at the moment. Just trying to get in some long runs and build endurance for x-c ski season, if we have one. It's been mostly moderate pace and mostly longer runs. No speed, or tempo, or hill work. Just miles. I am trying to reach a goal I set on the Nike+ site of 200 miles in 4 weeks. After that I think it will be time to add some cross training. I have my road bike set up on the fluid trainer and as soon as I clean it and do some maintenance I hope to add a couple of workouts per week on that.
Well, thanks again for the opportunity to blather away. I am going to finish my frosty New Glarus Coffee Stout and hit the hay so I can start another crazy day. More later........Sven

No comments: