Me and Dzangel

Me and Dzangel
RMC 5K 2007

Friday, November 9, 2007

Finally, a day off!

Finally, after 16 days straight, a day off. Lots of hours in that span too. Last week, from 10/29 to 11/4, I worked 69 hours. This was 11 p.m to 7 a.m. shift. It included 3 twelve hours shifts from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Things have slowed a little this week but still busy at work. During that last week I still managed to get in runs on six of those days and totaled over 54 miles. I'm not sure if that seems obsessive or ??? but this last year I have come to the conclusion that I work and train best under very adverse conditions. My best race of the year came after working all night and sleeping for two hours.
I had planned a half marathon for today but decided I needed the rest worse. Spending the day with Dzangel is more important and she deserves some time that isn't planned around some sort of race or competition. As much as I love the thrill of competition, it's not all about me! I am sure that somewhere during the day I will get in a run. After all, it's what keeps me sane and helps me de-stress.
Now, off to bed. Somehow, I am sure this will end up being a very full and busy day.

No comments: