Me and Dzangel

Me and Dzangel
RMC 5K 2007

Monday, April 11, 2011

It's been too long!!

I'm back! Not sure I've been missed. First thing-new goal. I WILL update this weekly, hopefully a couple times a week. Promise! Nothing long winded. Training updates, race plans or recaps, the usual BS that occurs during my days. I want to use this to inform and also to hold me accountable when I have a goal. If I put it out there, I'm likely to work harder at it.
It's been a long winter, but I think I can safely say spring is here. After yesterdays rain, the snow in my yard is gone. And good riddance!! I never did get out the cross country skis. My work schedule didn't jive with any of the races. Hopefully a year away will just kindle the fire a little hotter for next season.
Training has been going well so far this year. I'm a little more focused than normal. I have a couple early season races planned. Then it's time to dive in to the WORS season. I'm racing sport again this year, but racing age group instead of single speed. That doesn't mean I won't bring out the single speed a time or two. Since I've turned the big Five-Oh this year my goal is to win my class. I hope that doesn't sound like smack talk or being boastful. Can I do it? I think I have a pretty good chance. But, if I don't, I won't say the year will shot. My number one goal is always to have fun and race hard.
I have a 15K trail run this Sunday, April 17th. It is at Iola Winter Sports Park. I'm feeling pretty good about this one. My only concern is I'm having a bit of an issue with my right hip/leg. Kind of a general dull ache. Then, I managed to add in some sort of back strain/spasms/pull. I can run without much pain. Biking doesn't bother much either. Just makes going through the day a pain-physically and literally.
So, 11pm-7am this weekend before the race, but it's my weekend off so I should have one good day of rest. I'll go out and run until I drop and do my best. That's my goal. I'd like to shoot for 10 minute miles, but it's a hilly course.
I'll check back in later this week and after the race on Sunday evening. I hope everybody had a good winter and is gearing up for a fun spring/summer of outdoor activity!
Later........

No comments: