Me and Dzangel

Me and Dzangel
RMC 5K 2007

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What a crazy week!

They-whomever "they" are- say that if you don't like the weather in Wisconsin, wait 15 minutes and it will change. It wasn't 15 minutes this week but it sure seemed like it. Monday, the 3rd, I did a 13 mile trail run on the Ice Age Trail. It was a gorgeous day. Low 70's-yes 70's-with a little breeze. More like a summer day than just a few weeks from Thanksgiving. I wanted to run all day but needed to get home and get some sleep. 11 pm to 7 am shift this week. Tuesday, the 4th, I got in a 13 mile road bike ride. Again in the low 70's and breezy. Just unbelievable weather again. I rode in shorts and a short sleeve jersey and even at a slow pace I was working up a sweat. By the middle of the week it was in the mid 40's and blustery and I was running in wind pants and layering shirts to stay warm. Monday the 10th I worked 3 pm to 11 pm. On the way home I passed a digital thermometer that was reading 14 degrees. The next night I drove home in a rainy/snowy slushy mix. The rest of this week the forecast is for rain and/or snow. If it is true that variety is the spice of life then the last weeks weather mush have been one hell of a spicy mixture. It made for some interesting training the last week.
More later..........gotta run

No comments: