Me and Dzangel

Me and Dzangel
RMC 5K 2007

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Weekly update

Good morning everybody. Just a quick post-I hope-to let you know how my last week went.
After my race on March 7th I had a couple days where I was a little sore. My right hamstring felt very tight and crampy, especially when I ran or biked. I took it easy for a couple of days and it feels much better now. March 9th was a busy and exciting day for Tammy and I as our newest grandson was born. We spent a good portion of the day in the hospital waiting for Trae to make his entrance. I had on short day on the fluidtrainer but cut that short due to my aching leg. I need to due this more often, pay attention to what my body is saying, that is. It doesn't make much sense to push hard when you are not feeling quite right. I had a couple of good runs toward the end of the week. I am working on my base/endurance right now and not too concerned with pace or speed. I am going with the weather as to what my workout will be. If it is sunny and springlike, I am going to get the bike out. If it is tending more towards a blustery and cool spring day I will get in a run. Right now I am itching to get out on the trails. There is still a fair amount of snow in the woods and I do not want to tempt a fall or injury due to the slippery and muddy conditions. I am working 11-7 this week so that knocks my energy and ambition down a notch. My runs to start this week were good and I hope to get in a least one outside bike ride. I also need to get back in the gym since I have a hard time fitting this in to my schedule.
Well, since this is kind of my day off-I didn't work last night-I need to get moving and do something. Maybe a short ride outside on the mountain bike and a quick weight workout at the gym?
Gotta run

No comments: