Me and Dzangel

Me and Dzangel
RMC 5K 2007

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Good news!

I got some excellent news a couple of days ago which now gives me another goal for the fall.
I sent my entry in for the Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival. This is one of the biggest mountain bike races in the midwest. They have a 16 mile Short and Fat and the Chequamegon 40. It is a hilly race with very little time to catch your breath. Not technical, no singletrack, but that doesn't make it any easier. They limit entries to 2500 every year so it is a lottery drawing to get in. I usually opt for the Short and Fat since there are less request for it and my chances of getting in are higher. Believe me, 16 miles all out is no walk in the park. I have done the 40 three times in the past but just enjoy the short race more. More time to visit with friends and family and my brother-in-law usually does the race too. So anyway......I have been waiting for my check to clear so I know I am in. On Tuesday of this week I checked my account and saw that the check had cleared. Now I just need to wait to see if I earned a preferred start.
This gives me a long range goal to train for since I always want to do very well at this race. I have finished as high as 2nd in my class and around 30th overall some years back. Now I want to get back to that level again. Looks like a better set a training plan and get in some solid WORS races all summer long.
More later. Gotta run.... or I guess, gotta bike.......

No comments: