Me and Dzangel

Me and Dzangel
RMC 5K 2007

Friday, July 3, 2020

Slowly plugging along

Back again! A few days late, but give me a break. It's a holiday week and I'm on vacation!
Last week was a pretty basic week. Nothing too exciting-other than I GOT BACK ON THE BIKE!!! It wasn't a long or fast ride. It was on one of my older bikes which helped keep the effort easy. But damn, it felt awesome. No pain, at least not after effects from surgery. My legs were a little sore but that was more from a 52/42 and 13-23 cassette. And maybe being a little bit out of shape.
My running has been going okay. Again, nothing spectacular. I've set a goal for a fall half marathon, if any are still being held. Maybe Whistlestop or the Birkie Trail Run Festival. It's mostly to give a little boost to my training and give me a training plan/schedule. It's a plan from Garmin and downloads to my watch. It makes it convenient and there really isn't any planning on my end. Just run when it tells me and try to stick to the distances and paces as well as I am able. It's still early in the plan so we'll see how it goes. Another plus for early this week was a nice run on the Ice Age Trail. My first real trail run since surgery. Again, not far or fast but I enjoyed every hot, humid, sweaty and pesky horse fly mile. 
This week is turning out to be just basic miles so far. Even the half marathon schedule is easy and slow, even for me. That's just fine since the weather has been close to 90°F every day along with swamp-like humidity. I don't really mind the weather but it isn't optimal for quality training. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Not much else is new or exciting. I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable 4th of July and you are all getting in some great summer miles. As always, thanks for reading. Comments and questions are always welcome. Until the next post.........
Ice Age Trail
Emmons Creek Barrens

              Back on the bike!


No comments: