Me and Dzangel

Me and Dzangel
RMC 5K 2007

Thursday, November 29, 2012

I'm baaack!!

Damn! I'm back! Did ya miss me?? Did ya know I was gone? I just looked back and realized it's been over a year since I've rambled, ranted and mused here. I'll keep this short and add more in a few days. No really!!
The last year wasn't quite up to my usual lofty standards. Okay, it wasn't that bad, but I've had better, at least in the silent sports area. I guess we all have off years. 
I did have a great Birkie. No PR, but I had fun and felt great. That was my main goal. 
I did my first ultra trail run in May. The Ice Age Trail 50K. Again, nothing spectacular, but I had fun. And I learned a lot. It won't be my last. 
My WORS season was lackluster to say the least. I'm attributing that to not enough quality training. I never put the bike in the trainer all winter, instead focusing on ultra training and the occasional bike commute. Speaking of......
That is probably the thing I am most proud of over the course of the last year. I have managed to put in at least one bike commute every month of 2012. And I will get in one more in December to make it one per month for the year. Some of the early ones were cold, windy and a bit iffy on the icy/snowy back roads, but none were regretted. 
I snuck in a last minute half marathon in October. On minimal run training I had a strong, I think, race. Considering it was my longest run since the ultra in May, I was very pleased! 
Still fine tuning my goals and events for next year. I'll write about them in a few days. 
It's nice to be back!
Sven                                        Finishing the Ice Age Trail 50K

1 comment:

mainely triathlon said...

Nice to see a post Dustin!