Me and Dzangel

Me and Dzangel
RMC 5K 2007

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

WORS wrap up


Finally, a long season done! And I'm already looking forward to next year. That my seem like contradictory statements, but that's how I feel.Overall, I had a great year. I had a goal of finishing the year on the podium again, and I met that with a 2nd in the Sport 50-54 category. While I'm pleased with how I did, there is definitely room for improvement.I had some great races, some good and a couple that I would like to have a "do over". I had races where I felt like my bike and I were one. The force must have been with me! I had races where I wanted to leave my bike out on the course somewhere. I raced in sun, rain, hot and cold. I raced ten out of the twelve races, plus the short track and super D at Subaru Cup. I brought home a medal in 6 of those races. First and second in my age group weren't decided until the last race. That's competitive!The main thing is that I had a blast! I made some new friends and totally enjoyed myself. I know where I need to focus my off season work to try and improve for next year.I want to thank everyone who raced the series this year. And everyone who is involved in keeping this going year after year. It makes for a very busy and tiring racing season, but I wouldn't change it for anything.Now, maybe for some 'cross before the end of the year.
Photo of Sport Male 50-54 That's me on the left, along with Todd Fletcher in first and Jim Feuerstein in third. Thanks to Melissa Kennedy for the photo!

1 comment:

Lara said...

You go Daddy-o! Super proud of you! Can't wait for more cowbell action next year! Kaelyn says "hi" and "i wub roo!" (i love you). Have a good week!