Me and Dzangel

Me and Dzangel
RMC 5K 2007

Friday, August 20, 2010

Vacation! What to do???

Finally! After working hard all summer, really, I have been working hard, it's vacation time. Three, yes, three weeks off. And no big plans. Which is leaving me kind of itchy. Does anybody else get like this? It's not that I need to compete or have some type of event scheduled. I just enjoy working toward a goal. I have some possible events on the near horizon but nothing really firm. Maybe that's the part that leaves me squirming. I am not one who normally needs things scheduled months in advance. My job doesn't allow that kind of advantage. I did have some events scheduled for earlier this year and something always came up at the last minute. So I am learning to be more flexible. I am used to doing things on the spur of the moment. But I do like having things kind of floating out there. Things I might be able to fit in to my weird schedule.
I would at least like to get in one more epic ( for me ) road ride. Nothing fancy or crazy. Just like my last two long rides. Hop on the bike, point it down the driveway with some general idea of where to go and go. Stash a couple extra dollars in the saddle bag for emergency energy food and pedal. We'll see if I can fit that in. I'll let ya know.
Got run.....or maybe pedal....later

No comments: