Me and Dzangel

Me and Dzangel
RMC 5K 2007

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mid season


Wow, it's been a while. I know I say this every time but I will be updating this on a regular basis. At least once and hopefully twice per week. Also after every race, which seems to be quite frequently this summer.

I have to say that I am more than pleased with how my racing and training is going this year. I have been concentrating on the bike and trying to get in a run or two per week. So far, so good. I am racing a singlespeed in the WORS races this year. As of race number 7 I am situated in 2nd place. Not too bad considering there is no age differentiation for this class. One gear, one age group. I have had some good races -Kewaskum, Rhinelander-and some not so good-River Falls and Mt. Morris. But I am having fun and trying something new.

I have also been working on my endurance this summer. I have managed to get in two 100 mile rides so far. I have felt good after each ride and am planning at least one more. I basically get on the bike and ride. I have a route in mind but just let the roads take me where they will.

As far as running goes it has been sporadic, just like my posts. Although I need to work on it a little since I have a 25K trail race scheduled for the middle of September. It is right in my back yard on trails I run regularly. I don't plan on burning up the course but I would like to represent my home area proudly.

I have also been trying to watch my diet a little better than I normally would. I used to take the approach that I worked hard and therefore could eat what I want. Now I keep track and try to put less junk food down my gullet. Some days this works better than others. I'm eating some Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby as I write this so you can truly see that my diet is a work in progress!

It's late and it was a busy day at work so I'll sign off and add more at the end of the week.

Thanks for checking this out. Let me know what you think.

Sven

No comments: