Me and Dzangel

Me and Dzangel
RMC 5K 2007

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pre-race count down

T-minus three days to The North Face Endurance Series Wisconsin 50K this Saturday (September 14). I hope I'm ready. I am currently suffering from the normal pre-race niggles. These aren't to be confused with muggles (for nerdy Harry Potter fans), the Wiggles or British Beatle mania. I have a bit of an achy back, sore right knee/hip and one helluva cold/sinus infection/??? Nothing serious, and not an excuse for any possible poor race results. I'm sure that on race day morning, all the aches and pains will go away after a few miles. And with a few miles to go, I'll have a whole new passel of aches and pains, none of which will keep me from the finish line.
I'm hoping that a larger field of runners will spur me to a new PB. The two other 50Ks I ran this summer had smaller fields. By the end of each, I was running solo. No one to push me or run with, so I generally slow down. I may even have a running partner, if he can run as slow as me.
I may squeak in one more post before the run. If not, I'll recap my adventure afterwards.
Thanks for taking time to read this.

2 comments:

Lacy Lynn said...

Good luck Dustin!! Trust the training.

Ryan said...

Have a great race Dustin!