Me and Dzangel

Me and Dzangel
RMC 5K 2007

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Pre-Christmas update

Hi. Just a quick ( I hope ) update on my goings on. This week has slowed down considerably, at least at work. A normal 6 day/ 8 hours per day week. 3-11 this week. Actually it should be a five day week since I took an extra day off to visit with family. Tammy and I went to my sister and brother-in-laws home for a little get together tonight. My father and his wife were here from Ashland, WI for the weekend and an early Christmas. With my crazy schedule it was nice to just relax, eat too much and visit. I don't get to see my Dad as much as I would like and when I do it seems to be too short of a visit. I had a great time and just loved listening to the stories and catching up with what everyone has been up to.
I have been getting some runs in. I would rather be skiing but just haven't found time to get out as often as I like. It seems the cleaning/waxing/traveling just doesn't mesh well on 3-11. I did get out one day early this week. The rest has been running. A nice long run today in the fog/mist. 41 degrees on the 22nd of December! Probably could have run in shorts. Felt pretty beat and tired. It was one of the runs I should have cut short but I never have the sense to do that. I slogged through it and the felt drained afterwards. I even took a short 30 minute nap waiting for Tammy to get home.
On the way home from our visit tonight it was raining! That will certainly put a crimp on the cross country skiing. They are calling for the rain to change to snow and possible accumulations of 4-8 inches. We'll see. I am hoping they are right. The snow we had has been disappearing with the warm weather the last couple days.
Okay, off I go. I probably won't post on here until after the holidays so I would like to wish everyone Happy Holidays, what ever Holiday you may celebrate.
Later.....

No comments: